Specialized spine institute in Brooksville, Florida
The Orthopedic & Spine Institute at Oak Hill Hospital provides one of West Florida's most comprehensive spine care programs. Our expert spine doctors can ease your chronic back and neck pain with safe and effective solutions, from nonsurgical treatments to minimally invasive spine surgery.
Because we are dedicated to providing a full continuum of care, our licensed therapists provide personalized orthopedic rehabilitation programs to help you fully and safely recover. Our goal is to have you back to the life your pain interrupted as quickly as possible.
For more information about our spine care services, please call The Orthopedic & Spine Institute at (352) 596-6632.
Features of the Spine Institute
Part of our commitment to provide a full continuum of orthopedic care includes dedicated spine care services and treatment.
Oak Hill Hospital's spine center offers:
- Personalized treatment plans—Every spine is unique, so our spine specialists create treatment plans customized to meet the unique needs of each patient.
- Comprehensive diagnostic imaging tools—Our extensive array of advanced diagnostic imaging tools allow us to offer a fast, accurate diagnosis.
- Courteous and attentive care in a full-service hospital—We provide a full continuum of spine care with all the services and resources you need for a quick and complete recovery. We prioritize your comfort and offer private patient rooms.
- Care covered by most insurances—Most insurance plans cover the care we provide at our spine center
Our spine care team
Our multispecialty spine team is comprised of experienced spine specialists, orthopedic surgeons and rehabilitative therapists. All members of the spine care team work together to provide compassionate, patient-focused care to get you back to your active lifestyle.
Spine services and treatments
We are committed to using the least invasive solutions to resolve your neck or back pain. However, when noninvasive methods are not effective, we offer more invasive treatments, such as surgery. Some of our spine treatments include:
- Interventional spine procedures
- Nerve stimulation techniques
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Spinal injections
- Spine surgery
Our spine surgeons perform various types of spine surgery to treat spinal conditions. Some of these spine procedures are minimally invasive—using very few, very small incisions. This means less scarring, less pain, less hospital time and and a faster recovery for you.
We offer the following spine surgeries:
- Laminectomy—Surgical procedure, also known as decompression surgery, to relieve pressure on the spinal cord or nerves
- Spinal fusion—Surgical procedure to weld two vertebrae together to form one solid unit in an effort to eliminate motion or friction between them, relieving pain or correcting a deformity
Preoperative Spine Camp Program
We have designed a Preoperative Spine Camp Program for anyone in need of spine surgery. This program provides information about the procedure and helps you get familiar with the staff and features of our Orthopedic & Spine Institute.
Be sure to ask your physician about the Oak Hill Hospital Spine Camp Program prior to your surgery.
The program includes:
- Preoperative tour of The Orthopedic & Spine Institute
- Meet and greet with our courteous staff
- Private room at no extra charge (when available)
- In-room sleeper sofa for family members to stay overnight
- Specialty meal selections for education program participants
If you cannot attend the Preoperative Spine Camp, please watch the two videos below and call The Orthopedic & Spine Institute director at (352) 596-6632.
We are committed to providing a full continuum of spine care, and this includes complete rehabilitation and recovery following a spinal injury, diagnosis or surgery.
Our licensed therapists will develop a personalized physical therapy and rehabilitation program for you. They are trained to help you manage your pain, strengthen your back and muscles and stabilize your spine to prevent injury.
The goal of spinal rehab is to help you regain skills and mobility and learn how to adapt to abilities which may be permanently changed.