Pediatricians in Brooksville, Florida
Our board-certified pediatric doctors at Oak Hill Hospital are committed to providing compassionate, specialized care to children. From preventative care to emergency treatment, we are here to keep your little one healthy.
Additionally, our pediatric emergency room is the only one in Hernando County.
For more information about our pediatric services, please contact our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (888) 741-5120.
At Oak Hill, we understand that children are not just tiny adults; they need care specialized just for them. This is why we use a child-centered approach to pediatric care.
All our pediatric services and amenities are designed so we can deliver superior pediatric care while prioritizing your child's well-being, comfort and safety.
Our pediatric team
Our pediatric team specializes in treating children from infancy to early adulthood. We have board-certified pediatricians are on-site daily to care for your child. Our board-certified nurses are also certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
All members of our pediatric team provide disease-specific treatment based on evidence and best practices for the most successful outcomes for young patients.
Our inpatient pediatric unit
Our pediatric program and facility offers a kid-centered environment for children who need to be admitted to the hospital for further care.
Our pediatric unit offers:
- Advanced vein-finding technology to improve accuracy and reduce discomfort
- Comforting, healthy, kid-friendly meals to help promote your child’s wellness
- Pediatric suites designed for family stays with pull-out couches and recliners
- Safety technology such as smart infusion pumps and bedside barcode medication administration
- Weight-based dosing of medications to ensure the safety of your child during their stay
Our pediatric ER
As the only pediatric emergency room (ER) in Hernando County, we are dedicated to providing the rapid, compassionate, child-centered ER treatment your child needs when it matters most.
Our pediatric ER is staffed by board-certified pediatricians and pediatric emergency nurses.
Additionally, we are proud to have the only nationally accredited emergency medicine residency training program in the region.
Some of the services and features of our pediatric ER include:
- Child-sized equipment, gowns, IVs, airway management tools and other medical necessities
- Sophisticated medication management system which accounts for child’s age and weight to confirm exact medication dosage
- State-of-the-art technology for rapid results of diagnostic reports
- “Ouchless” environment addresses a child’s discomfort and anxiety
Our pediatric rehab services
We offer physical therapy and rehabilitation services to children. Our licensed rehab specialists use customized programs to help your child recover and restore motor function, mobility and other skills.
To learn more about our pediatric rehabilitation programs, call our rehab team at (352) 597-6321.