Ear, Note & Throat care (also known as ENT and officially as Otolaryngology) includes diagnosis, medical and surgical management of diseases and disorders of the ears, nose, throat, head and neck.
Although many procedures are performed in an ENT office, surgical procedures require a hospital setting. At Oak Hill Hospital, we provide the latest technology and tools so our surgeons can provide the best care possible to our patients.
The procedures performed in the hospital setting include, but are not limited to:
- Adeniodectomy: Removing adenoids.
- Tonsillectomy: Removing tonsils.
- Frenulectomy: Surgical correction of tongue-tie.
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery: Used to treat sinus disease.
- Myringotomy With Pressure Equalizing Tubes: Ear tubes to allow air into the middle ear.
- Laryngoscopy: Using a small device to view the throat and larynx (voice box).
- Parotidectomies: Removal of the parotid gland.
- Parathyroidectomy: Removal of the parathyroid gland(s).
- Septoplasty: Correcting a deviated septum.
- Tracheostomy: Creating an opening for a breathing tube.
- Thyroidectomy: Removing all or part of the thyroid gland.