Eligibility and application
- Applicants must be a graduate or candidate for graduation from an ACPE (Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education) accredited doctor of pharmacy program.
- Applicants must be licensed or eligible to apply for licensure, upon hire, to practice pharmacy in the state of Florida. All residents accepted into the residency program must obtain licensure within 90 days of hire (and be a licensed pharmacist for 2/3 of the year (8 months total).
- Complete orientation/training with a status of “achieved”
- Complete a residency project designed to improve clinical pharmacy services or to achieve a specific research objective
- Resident must submit a poster for presentation to ASHP or Florida Residency Conference
- Resident must submit a manuscript report of his/her project that would be suitable for publication
- Participate in at least one community outreach activity
- Complete and present a Medication Use Evaluation (MUE) or other P&T project
- Complete a one hour continuing education seminar
- Provide a minimum of eight nursing/pharmacy in-services
- Present one GME lecture
- Lead APPE/IPPE pharmacy students in a minimum of two journal clubs and two patient case presentations
- Successfully obtain “Achieved for Residency” status for ≥80 percent of ASHP PGY-1 Residency T/E goals and objectives
- Fulfill staffing commitment to include: two weekends per month; two evening shifts per month; one major and one minor holiday
- Complete all required evaluations in PharmAcademic within required timeframes
- Obtains no “Needs Improvement” on final evaluation
Considerations during the selection process will include professional competence, achievements, communication skills, and leadership potential.
- Applicants must participate in the ASHP Residency Match Program (RMP).
- Applicants must submit their application via PhORCAS prior to January 5, and include the following:
- Letter of Intent
- Copy of official pharmacy school transcript
- 3 professional references/evaluations submitted via PhorCas
- Curriculum vitae
- Applicants must present for an on-site interview if selected