Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
Program purpose statement
The Oak Hill Hospital PGY1 pharmacy residency program builds upon the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program and contributes to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions, producing confident, self-directed learners who are eligible for board certification, and eligible for postgraduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training.
About Oak Hill Hospital
Oak Hill Hospital is an expanding 350-bed facility that has provided quality healthcare to Hernando and Citrus counties in Florida since 1984. We offer a range of services through our Heart Institute, Orthopaedic & Spine Institute, Maternity Suites, Level II NICU, Cancer Institute, Women’s Imaging Center, Emergency Services, Pediatric ER, and Express Lab. Other services include 24/7 on-site critical care intensivist, hospitalist, and radiologist coverage.
Our experienced Oak Hill Hospital pharmacists are part of a collaborative care team.
- Antimicrobial stewardship
- Anticoagulation dosing/monitoring
- Total parenteral nutrition support
We leverage technologies such as:
- Smart infusion pumps
- Expansive use of automated dispensing
- Bedside barcode scanning
- Clinical pharmacy workflow systems
- CPOE/eMAR to promote safe medication practices
Oak Hill Hospital is a dedicated teaching hospital offering Graduate Medical Education programs:
- Internal Medicine Residency
- Preliminary Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Transitional Year Internship
- Anesthesiology Residency
- Emergency Medicine Residency
- Podiatric Medicine with Reconstructive Foot/Ankle Surgery Residency
- Geriatric Fellowship
- General Surgery Residency (integrated training site)
Our GME program offers a unique opportunity for collaboration in research and process improvement projects with medical residents and fellows.