- MD or DO from an approved school of medicine within five years of applying to the residency program.
- MD applicants must have passed USMLE Step 1 with a minimum score of 215, USMLE Step 2 with a minimum score of 229, Clinical Knowledge (CK) and Clinical Skills (CS) prior to beginning the program and each applicant must pass USMLE Step 3 previous to starting CA-1 (PGY-2) year of training.
- DO applicants must have passed COMLEX Level 1 with a minimum score of 494 and COMPLEX Level 2 with a minimum score of 507, Cognitive Evaluation (CE) and Performance Evaluation (PE) prior to beginning training. Each trainee must pass COMLEX Level 3 prior to starting CA-1 (PGY-2) year of training.
- All applicants must submit verification of completion of one year of postgraduate education as described in the ACGME Program Requirements for Anesthesiology (III.A.1.a).(1).
In the event that an applicant is in the process of completing the initial twelve months of training as noted above, verification of training must be submitted prior to beginning the anesthesiology residency.
- Dean’s letter
- Medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- USMLE STEP 1*, 2 CK and CS, or
- COMLEX 1*, 2, CE and PE
- Headshot photograph
- Three letters of recommendation
- Curriculum vitae
(*Initial application may be made with USMLE 1 and/or COMLEX 1. However, applicants will not be officially ranked without documented completion of the examinations noted above.)
For information on ERAS, you may access their website. Current medical students can also obtain additional information at their medical school dean’s office.
- All applications for training are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- ERAS applications are accepted August 1 through December 31 of the calendar year.
- To locate this program in ERAS, use ACGME ID: 0401100211.
For information on ERAS, you may access their website. Current medical students can also obtain additional information at their medical school dean's office.