July 16, 2019
Spring Hill, Florida – Oak Hill Hospital is proud to announce that a total of 15 scholarships of $1,000 each were awarded to graduating seniors by Oak Hill Hospital's Volunteer Association. Oak Hill Hospital Volunteer association, Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit entity.
The $15,000 in scholarships was awarded to the following students:
- Jordan Cook Hernando High School
- Rose Leventhal Nature Coast Technical High School
- Jennifer Hagland Nature Coast Technical High School
- Miranda Lallave Nature Coast Technical High School
- Antara Islam Springstead High School
- Leslie Banh Springstead High School
- Ronnie Howe Springstead High School
- Amanda Amondo Springstead High School
- Abigail Rich Springstead High School
- Kaylee Hackett Springstead High School
- Christy Walton West Hernando Christian School
- Emily Kleiner Weeki Wachee High School
- Abigail Kizer Weeki Wachee High School
- Andy Perez Saavedra Weeki Wachee High School
- Deyanira Shaw Weeki Wachee High School
The Volunteer Association has awarded scholarships for nearly 30 years, and since 1995, more than $400,000 has been contributed. The criteria for awarding the scholarships are based on each student's scholastic achievement, financial need, and community service. The funds are received from revenue generated at the Volunteer Association's gift shop and other fundraisers.
Volunteer Association Scholarships are awarded annually to graduating seniors entering into the human healthcare field. These scholarships are to be used for tuition and books during the 2019-2020 school year. Oak Hill Hospital wishes to thank its Volunteer Association and the Volunteer Scholarship Committee for all of their hard work.