Trinity, Spring Hill, Hudson, Florida (November 10, 2015) - Medical Center of Trinity, Oak Hill Hospital and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point have again been recognized with an "A" safety score by The Leapfrog Group, an independent non-profit run by employers and other large purchasers of health benefits. The score was awarded in the latest update to the Hospital Safety ScoreSM, the ABCD or F scores assigned to U.S. hospitals based on preventable medical errors, injuries, accidents, and infections. The Hospital Safety Score was compiled under the guidance of the nation's leading experts on patients' safety.
"Earning an 'A' on the Hospital Safety Score demonstrates that our hospital continues to strive for excellence," said Shayne George, CEO, Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. "This demonstrates that the three hospitals in our Pasco-Hernando area value patient safety. This is one more indication that we are 'walking the walk' in fulfilling its mission, vision and values," he added.
Several HCA hospitals received an "A" rating demonstrating that Tampa Bay's largest health system focuses on making hospitals safe for its patients. To see the hospitals' scores as they compare nationally, visit the Hospital Safety Score website at www.HospitalSafetyScore.org, which provides information on how the public can protect themselves and loved ones during the hospital stay.
According to The Leapfrog Group, "The Hospital Safety Score is one piece of information you should use when planning a hospital stay." They add that they also provide some of the scenarios where the Hospital Safety Score can help a patient make the right decision:
- Knowing where to go for an emergency
- Scheduling a high risk or potentially life-threatening surgery
- Preparing to have a baby
- If someone in the family is suffering from a life-threatening illness that could require immediate or consistent hospital care to be sure that the hospital you're going to is safe.
Scores were awarded to for-profit hospitals, not-for-profits and public hospitals throughout the nation. Not all hospitals earned an "A." The Hospital Safety Score exclusively measures safety - meaning errors, accidents and infections.
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL SAFETY SCORE: The Hospital Safety Score assigns an A, B, C, D or F letter grade to local hospitals based on its safety in preventing errors, infections, injuries and medication mix-ups. Compiled by the nation's leading experts on patient safety, the goal of the Hospital Safety Score is to reduce the number of preventable injuries and deaths. The Hospital Safety Score empowers patients to make informed decisions about the safety of hospital care.
ABOUT THE LEAPFROG GROUP
The Leapfrog Group is a national organization using the collective leverage of large purchasers of health care to initiate breakthrough improvements in the safety, quality and affordability of health care for Americans. The flagship Leapfrog Hospital Survey allows purchasers to structure their contracts and purchasing to reward the highest performing hospitals. The Leapfrog Group was founded in November 2000 with support from the Business Roundtable and national funders and is now independently operated with support from its purchaser and other members.
ABOUT MEDICAL CENTER OF TRINITY
Medical Center of Trinity is a 236 bed, state-of-the-art, all-private room hospital strategically located in the tri-county area of Pasco, Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties. The facility is located at 9330 STATE ROAD 54, TRINITY, FL 34655, near the intersection of State Road (SR) 54 and Little Road. Medical Center of Trinity clinical and acute-care programs include:
- Behavioral Health (46 bed separate campus)
- Cancer Care
- Cardio Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Citrus Park ER
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Emergency Care - Adults and Kids
- Heart & Vascular
- Men's Health
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Specialties
- Obstetrics including NICU
- Open Heart Surgery
- Palm Harbor ER (Early 2016)
- Rehabilitation Services
- Robotic Assisted Surgery
- Sleep Center
- Spine & Orthopedics
- Women's Health
- Women's Imaging Center with Comprehensive Breast Care
- Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine
Medical Center of Trinity has received CHEST PAIN CENTER WITH PCI ACCREDITATION from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC). The hospital has also been designated as an ADVANCED CERTIFIED PRIMARY STROKE CENTER and has been named a recipient of the 2014 Women's Choice Award as one of
Medical Center of Trinity is recognized among the nation's TOP PERFORMERS on four key quality measures - heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care by The Joint Commission -- the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America. The Cancer Care program is an ACCREDITED COMPREHENSIVE COMMUNITY CANCER PROGRAM by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons.
For more information on Medical Center of Trinity, visit www.MedicalCenterTrinity.com or call (727) 834-4000. Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
ABOUT OAK HILL HOSPITAL:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus Counties (262 acute care beds), is the area's largest private employer, and offers Hernando County's only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Over 300 physicians, 1,200 associates, and approximately 250 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital's healthcare delivery team.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Brooksville, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at (352) 597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@HCAHealthcare.com. In Citrus call (352) 628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.
Oak Hill Hospital has demonstrated its healthcare leadership by achieving distinction on many levels. Please visit our website for a comprehensive listing of all Oak Hill Hospital accreditations, awards, and distinctions.
ABOUT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER BAYONET POINT
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
- 2010, 2011, and 2013 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care - The Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center - Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 - 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Approved Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons.
- 5 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee!
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of "A" in FIVE consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
- Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines(R) Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke.
- Awarded full Atrial Fibrillation Certification status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC).
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.