March 29, 2016
Spring Hill, Florida –The Maternity Suites at Oak Hill Hospital will hold a Childbirth Preparation Program for expectant parents on Tuesday and Wednesday, April 19 and 20 from 6 pm to 9 pm at its Graduate Medical Education building, 11307 Cortez Boulevard, Brooksville, Florida 34613 on the campus of Oak Hill Hospital.
Admission to the program is free. To register call 352-597-6333 or visit OakHillHospital.com/maternity.
Childbirth Preparation is a six hour class held over two days, followed by a personalized tour.
Childbirth Preparation will help new parents be better prepared for their own birth experience. Parents will learn about the stages of labor through video animation, how the birth process unfolds using real birth stories, helpful partner support tips, what to expect from common medical procedures, and much more.
· Pregnancy overview: anatomy, preparing for birth
· Stages and phases of labor: signs of labor, symptoms of each phase, what to expect
· Comfort measures: support team, what to pack, relaxation, breathing
· Medical procedures: interventions, Cesarean, medical pain relief
· Newborn: procedures, appearance and feeding
Classes are conducted by Taylor Theodore, CCC (Certified Childbirth Consultant). For more detailed information about the class, contact Ms. Theodore at 352-585-2543 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.