May 15, 2017
Spring Hill, FL - Oak Hill Hospital is pleased to welcome to its medical and surgical staff Brian K. Hudson, DO, PharmD. Dr. Hudson practices at two locations:
- 11373 Cortez Boulevard, Suite 304, Brooksville, Florida 34613
- 16541 Pointe Village Drive, Suite 209, Lutz, Florida 33558, call (813) 336-4461 to schedule an appointment
Dr. Hudson's experience includes several fellowships:
- A fellowship in neurosurgical oncology at USF Moffitt Cancer Center in 2015.
- He completed an enfolded fellowship in neuro trauma at the University of Illinois, College of Medicine in Chicago, Advocate Christ Medical Center, Oak Lawn, Illinois in 2014.
- He completed an enfolded fellowship in trauma and neuro critical care at the University of Illinois College of Medicine, Peoria, Illinois, OSF St. Francis Medical Center, Peoria, Illinois, in November 2010.
Dr. Hudson completed a residency in neurological surgery at A.T. Still University/Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, Advocate Health Care, Normal, Illinois from 2009 through 2015. He also completed a residency in clinical pharmacology and clinical research at Clinical Pharmacology Services, Inc., in Tampa, Florida, from May 2002 through May 2003. Dr. Hudson received his Doctor of Osteopathic medicine degree from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Bradenton, Florida, and his Doctor of Pharmacy from Nova Southeastern University, College of Pharmacy, Fort Lauderdale, Florida in 2002.
Dr. Hudson has been the Medical Director of Spine Academy at Bayfront Health, Punta Gorda since 2016 and a member of the Safety Committee at Bayfront Health, Punta Gorda. He is a reviewer for the Annals of Pharmacotherapy and a reviewer for the Journal of Pharmacy Technology.
Dr. Hudson holds the following certificates:
- Advance Trauma Life Support (ATLS) from the American College of Surgeons
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) from the American Heart Association
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) from the American Heart Association
- Human Participation Protection Education for Research Teams from the National Institutes of Health
He is a member of the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons, the American Osteopathic Association, and AO Spine Foundation.
About the AO Spine Foundation
The foundation had its origins in a Swiss study group Arbeitsgemeinschaft in für Osteosynthesefragen (German for Association of the Study of Internal Fixation, or AO), founded in Switzerland in 1958 and runs training courses on methods of bone plating and fracture surgical treatment in many countries. The AO Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the care of patients with musculoskeletal injuries and their sequelae through research, development, education, and quality assurance in the principles, practice, and result of fracture treatment.