July 29, 2020
Oak Hill Hospital is proud to announce that a total of eight scholarships, in amounts of $1,000, $2000, or $3,000, were awarded to graduating seniors by Oak Hill Hospital's Volunteer Association. Oak Hill Hospital's Volunteer Association, Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit entity.
The $14,000 in scholarships were awarded to the following students:
- Brooke Brening, Central High School
- Samira Osman, Central High School
- Desiree Anello, F. W. Springstead High School
- Nykie Fenty, F. W. Springstead High School
- Evelynn Zarate, F. W. Springstead High School
- Maysa Hamed, Universal Academy
- Tyre McDowell, Nature Coast Technical High School
- Jade Walsh, Weeki Wachee High School
The Volunteer Association has awarded scholarships for nearly 30 years, and since 1995, more than $400,000 has been contributed. The criteria for awarding the scholarships are based on each student's scholastic achievement, financial need, and community service. The funds are received from revenue generated at the Volunteer Association's gift shop and other fundraisers.
Volunteer Association Scholarships are awarded annually to graduating seniors entering into the human healthcare field. These scholarships are to be used for tuition and books during the 2020-2021 academic year. Oak Hill Hospital wishes to thank its Volunteer Association and the Volunteer Scholarship Committee for all of their hard work.
2020 Scholarship Committee
- Betty Knutson
- Darlene Arnold
- Elaine Martinez
- Diane Phillips
- Janice Smith
- Lois Yencha
- Martha Sugg, President
- Steve Baumgartner, Vice President
- Betty Knutson, Treasurer