Spring Hill, FL - Oak Hill Hospital will continue its very popular For Your Health Community Education Series with a seminar entitled, "Keep Your Brain Healthy: Stroke Awareness & Prevention" on Tuesday, May 22, 2018, from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, Spring Hill, Florida 34609. The seminar panel includes:
- Amanda Avila, MD, board certified in psychiatry and neurology, Fellowship-Trained in movement disorders and neurorestoration, on staff at Citrus Memorial Hospital
- Salman Muddassir, MD, board certified in internal medicine and Internal Medicine Residency Program Director at Oak Hill Hospital
- John Clay Brunson, Jr., MD, board certified diagnostic radiologist, diagnostic neuroradiologist and Fellowship-Trained interventional neuroradiologist at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
A stroke is a life-changing event for a patient and his or her caregivers. The seminar will allow attendees to learn about stroke prevention, signs and symptoms, and the treatment and recovery process available in our community at Citrus Memorial Hospital, Oak Hill Hospital, and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point.
The panel discussion will be followed by a question and answer session with the physicians. Registrants are encouraged to prepare their questions ahead of time.
A complimentary hot meal will be served, and seating is limited. Reservations are required. Doors open at 4:15 pm. For more information and for reservations call (352) 597-6333 in Hernando/Pasco or (352) 628-6060 in Citrus or visit OakHillHospital.com/ForYourHealth.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017
- Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited - American College of Radiology
- Accredited Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons
- Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: sepsis
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.