Oak Hill Hospital recently recognized two nurses for Excellence in Nursing. The Excellence in Nursing Awards were announced during Oak Hill Hospital's Awards of Distinction celebration.
The Excellence in Nursing Awards were established by its parent company HCA Healthcare to honor outstanding nurses who demonstrate excellence in professional mentoring and in compassionate care. The awards honor exceptional individuals whose work and lives reflect the patient-centered and humanitarian values upon which HCA Healthcare is founded.
The nominees for the award included:
- Giovanna Cavallucci, Intensive Care Unit
- Cindy Hall, Progressive Care Unit
- Ray Millsap, Surgical Services
- Lauren Pardue, Labor and Delivery
- Amber Register, Progressive Care Unit
- Julie Schneider, Surgical Services
- Jessica Smith, Cardiac Observations
The Excellence in Nursing Award for Compassionate Care
This award was presented to Amber Register, RN, who was regarded in her nominations as:
- Professional and caring
- 'No' is never in her vocabulary. When the lab department needed help, she stopped what she was doing to complete phlebotomy draws on behalf of the phlebotomist."
- "She always puts patients first and goes above and beyond making sure patients have the best care; she is dedicated and is able to keep stress levels at a minimum."
The Excellence in Nursing Professional Mentor Award
This award was presented to Julie Schneider, RN. Some of the comments included in her nomination were that she:
- Takes time to share their knowledge with her peers
- Consistently helps to teach and encourage others to raise the bar
- Leads by example, staying late to assist with patients and setting up rooms
- Can be counted on to offer a helping hand and serve as a top resource person for others