June 02, 2016
Spring Hill, FL – Oak Hill Hospital is particularly pleased to announce that Richard Linkul, Marketing Director, is this year’s recipient of the Frist Humanitarian Award. The Frist Humanitarian Award honors outstanding individuals for their humanitarian and volunteer services. Named in honor of the late Dr. Thomas F. Frist, Sr., founder of HCA and renowned humanitarian, this award recognizes individuals whose daily dedication and care giving epitomize the highest standards of quality and personal commitment.
The selection of Rich Linkul followed an outpouring of nominations from service clubs and humanitarian agencies throughout the county stating that it was time to recognize his many contributions.
Rich Linkul has held leadership positions in a wide range of community organizations including: Hernando Diabetes Alliance (founder/community member); United Way of Hernando County (board member); Kiwanis Club of Brooksville Ridge (board member/past president); LifeSouth Community Blood Centers (advisory board member); YMCA of Hernando County (past board member).
As a member of Kiwanis Club of Brooksville Ridge, Linkul helps assist in almost all of their many community efforts including Operation Heartfelt.
The many nominations included:
- From Angie Bonfardino, CEO of the United Way of Hernando County – “His passion and ‘go-getter’ mentality has not only improved United Way’s community outreach efforts but has strengthened our overall mission when it comes to thinking globally while acting locally”
- From John Ehlenbeck and Katie Stacy, Past President and President of the Kiwanis Club – “He is especially passionate when the activity involves children. He either leads or volunteers in all activities and fund raisers…his attitude is infectious,” said John Ehlenbeck. “Rich embodies the spirit of Dr. Frist in his compassion for his community and his willingness to serve in whatever way possible to ensure its continued positive growth,” said Katie Stacy.
- From Ed Keith of LifeSouth – “Rich’s efforts have more than tripled our donations at Oak Hill Hospital.” · From Barbara Sweinberg, Administrator of the Crescent Community Clinic – “He is the driving force behind the Hernando Diabetes Alliance and his leadership skills continue to grow the organization…he typifies the qualities sought for in the nomination for the Dr. Thomas F. Frist, Sr. Humanitarian Award.”
- From Barbara Manual, Owner and General Manager of JB Radio Stations – “He is dedicated to his profession, and always goes above and beyond. He doesn’t just sit on boards, he is always improving the mentality of those boards to do greater things for the people of our community…he exemplifies the humanitarian spirit that this award signifies and he embodies the values of HCA.”
- From Ann-Gayl Ellis, MPH, Health Education Program Manager at Hernando County Health Department – “He has been a strong advocate of public health in the county since he moved here in 2004.”
- The local winner is selected by a panel that includes his peers, senior leaders at Oak Hill Hospital, and prior nominees for the award. Linkul will receive a $250 prize, a beautiful 10k gold Frist lapel pin and certificate of recognition.