Mickey Smith, CEO
Thank you for considering Oak Hill Hospital for your care!
When seeking a healthcare facility for treatment, it’s important to be comfortable with your choice.
- Oak Hill Hospital opened on June 6, 1984, with 96 beds and has grown to be the largest hospital in the county with 350 acute care beds.
- The area’s largest private employer with more than 1,500 associates.
- Celebrated 35 years of service in 2019 and is known for its quality of care, focus on patient safety and commitment to the most advanced technology.
Two important factors to consider
- What do third party accreditation agencies say about this facility?
- Does this facility offer the range of services that you may need?
- Accredited by The Joint Commission:
- Primary Stroke Care Center
- Sepsis Care
- Accredited by the Commission on Cancer:
- Cancer Institute providing two major treatment options—surgery and chemotherapy.
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology
- Accredited by the College of American Pathologists
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Graduate Medical Education to provide internal medicine, transitional year, family medicine, emergency medicine, and anesthesiology residency programs, and to serve as an integrated training site for a general surgery residency program. Accredited to provide a geriatric fellowship program.
- Accredited by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education to provide a podiatry residency program.
- Honored twice—once as the first ever recipient—by the Emergency Nurses Association with the Lantern Award exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research. 100% of our emergency room nurses are Certified Emergency Nurses.
- Recognized by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida as a Blue Distinction Center for knee, hip, and spine care.
Range of services
- Only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
- Includes 24/7 hospitalists, 24/7 on-site critical care intensivists, 24/7 radiologists, 24/7 inpatient pharmacists, 24/7 resident physicians, and a dedicated 64-slice CT scanner in the ER.
- Comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute with free pre-surgery spine/joint camp.
- Comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center offering 3D digital mammography and personalized navigation by a nurse for suspicious findings.
- Labor and Delivery, NICU, pediatric care, and dedicated pediatric ER.
I invite you to take advantage of all the information available on our website at Oak Hill Hospital. Please use our website as a constant resource to stay informed on the latest programs and services we offer, as well as our many and varied community events and educational seminars.
Chief Executive Officer