Mickey Smith, CEO
Thank you for considering Oak Hill Hospital for your care!
When seeking a healthcare facility for treatment, it’s important to be comfortable with your choice.
- Oak Hill Hospital opened on June 6, 1984, with 96 beds and has grown to be the largest hospital in the county with 280 acute care beds.
- The area’s largest private employer with more than 1,211 associates.
- Celebrated 30 years of service in 2014 and is known for its quality of care, focus on patient safety and commitment to the most advanced technology.
Two Important Factors to Consider:
- What do third party accreditation agencies say about this facility?
- Does the facility offer the range of services that you may need?
- Accredited by The Joint Commission:
- Primary Stroke Care Center
- Accredited by the Commission on Cancer:
- Cancer Institute providing two major treatment options – surgery and chemotherapy.
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology
- Accredited by the College of American Pathologists
- Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education to provide the following residency programs:
- Internal Medicine (3 year program, 65 residents)
- Transitional Year (1 year, 10 residents)
- Family Medicine (3 years, 24 residents)
- General Surgery (5 years, 18 residents)
- Emergency Medicine (3 years, 18 residents)
- Anesthesiology (3 years, 18 residents)
- Accredited by the Council for Podiatric Medical Education (CPME) to provide a Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Residency with Reconstructive Rear Foot Ankle Surgery (3 years, 6 residents)
- Recognized as the Best Hospital in Emergency Care by Women Certified, Inc.
- Honored twice – once as the first ever recipient – by the Emergency Nurses Association with the Lantern Award exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research. 100% of our emergency room nurses are Certified Emergency Nurses.
- Recognized by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida as a Blue Distinction Center for knee, hip, and spine care.
- HCA Unit of Distinction Award for Excellence in Medical/Surgical Nursing - (Top 5%) - 6th Floor Ortho/Spine (two years in a row) and (Top 10%) 2nd Floor Neuro/Tele.
- American Board of Perianesthesia Nursing Certification – the only hospital in Florida to earn the recognition in 2017.
Range of Services:
- Only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
- Includes hospitalists, 24/7 on-site critical care intensivists and a dedicated 64-slice CT scanner in the emergency room.
- Comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute with free pre-surgery spine/joint camp.
- Comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center offering 3D digital mammography with computer-aided detection. The only hospital in the area with upright stereotactic biopsy capability.
- Labor and Delivery, pediatric care, and dedicated pediatric ER.
I invite you to take advantage of all the information available on our website at OakHillHospital.com. Please use our website as a constant resource to stay informed on the latest programs and services we offer, as well as our many and varied community events and educational seminars.
Chief Executive Officer