Ingredients and Preparation
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook until evenly browned.
- Add the tomatoes and salt. Crush the tomatoes with a fork. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes. Season with the dried basil and pepper to taste. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Serve meat sauce over spaghetti.