Certified Primary Stroke Care Center
Oak Hill Hospital has been certified by the Joint Commission (JC) as a Primary Stroke Center.
Rapid response is critical for strokes because the chances of survival are directly linked to how quickly clot-busting medications are administered within the onset of your symptoms.
Oak Hill is the only hospital in Citrus and Hernando County to follow national guidelines that quickly determine the type of stroke and treatment possible.
We work with EMS staff to bypass the ER, and complete a CT scan of the brain immediately. Then, specially trained radiologists are ready to promptly interpret the results. Based on their findings, a treatment plan is selected and initiated.
- A Guide to What Every Patient Should Know After Having A Stroke
- Atrial Fibrillation and Stroke
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Cholesterol and Stroke
- Explaining Stroke
- Facts About Smoking and Stroke Risk
- Heart Attack Symptoms & Warning Signs
- Innovations in Health: Volume1, No1
- Let's Talk About Stroke and Aphasia
- Medication Adherence and Compliance
- Mobility After Stroke
- Pediatric Stroke Facts
- Recovery After Stroke-Coping with Emotions
- Recovery After Stroke-Healthy Eating
- Spot A Stroke FAST
- Steps Against Recurrent Stroke
- Stroke 101-Fast Facts on Stroke
- Understanding the Link Between PFOs and Stroke