Certified Primary Stroke Care Center
Oak Hill Hospital has been certified by the Joint Commission (JC) as a Primary Stroke Center.
Rapid response is critical for strokes because the chances of survival are directly linked to how quickly clot-busting medications are administered within the onset of your symptoms.
Oak Hill is the only hospital in Citrus and Hernando County to follow national guidelines that quickly determine the type of stroke and treatment possible.
We work with EMS staff to bypass the ER, and complete a CT scan of the brain immediately. Then, specially trained radiologists are ready to promptly interpret the results. Based on their findings, a treatment plan is selected and initiated.
- A Guide to What Every Patient Should Know After Having A Stroke (PDF - 725 KB)
- Atrial Fibrillation and Stroke (PDF - 159 KB)
- Carotid Artery Disease (PDF - 746 KB)
- Cholesterol and Stroke (PDF - 177 KB)
- Explaining Stroke (PDF - 1.5 KB)
- Facts About Smoking and Stroke Risk (PDF - 166 KB)
- Heart Attack Symptoms & Warning Signs (PDF - 547 KB)
- Innovations in Health: Volume1, No1 (PDF - 460 KB)
- Let's Talk About Stroke and Aphasia (PDF - 437 KB)
- Medication Adherence and Compliance (PDF - 397 KB)
- Mobility After Stroke (PDF - 411 KB)
- Pediatric Stroke Facts (PDF - 235KB)
- Recovery After Stroke-Coping with Emotions (PDF - 175 KB)
- Recovery After Stroke-Healthy Eating (PDF - 193 KB)
- Spot A Stroke FAST (PDF - 482 KB)
- Steps Against Recurrent Stroke (PDF - 486 KB)
- Stroke 101-Fast Facts on Stroke (PDF - 176 KB)
- Understanding the Link Between PFOs and Stroke (PDF - 438 KB)