For more information about The Maternity Suites, please call (352) 596-6632 ext. 7020.
We provide free maternity classes for you and your loved ones through our Belly to Baby Education Series. We recommend taking these classes to those who are planning to become pregnant, expecting, and new parents.
For more information about these classes, please contact instructor Taylor Theodore, CCC, Belly to Baby Childbirth Services, LLC by email or by visiting BellyToBaby.org. You can also contact her by calling (352) 585-2543.
Belly to Baby Education Series:
- The * symbol denotes a core class in this series.
- Each registrant receives a free ‘See What You Read’ booklet, a web enhanced parent guide with access to video clips, worksheets, and web tools.
Healthy Pregnancy (2 hour class)*
Healthy Pregnancy class will help expectant parents learn how to keep themselves and their babies healthy as they take the remarkable journey through pregnancy. The class curriculum models healthy habits and partner involvement, all while stressing the importance of good prenatal health.
- Fetal Development – Medical Care
- Nutrition /Exercise – Discomforts/Remedies
- Hazards/Warning Signs – Emotions
Childbirth Preparation (6 hour class)*
Childbirth Preparation will help new parents be better prepared for their own birth experience. Parents will learn about the stages of labor through video animation, how the birth process unfolds using real birth stories, helpful partner support tips, what to expect from common medical procedures, and much more.
- Pregnancy Overview: anatomy, preparing for birth
- Stages and Phases of Labor: signs of labor, symptoms of each phase, what to expect
- Comfort Measures: support team, what to pack, relaxation, breathing
- Medical Procedures: interventions, cesarean, medical pain relief
- Newborn: procedures, appearance, feeding
Childbirth Preparation Refresher (3 hour class)
Childbirth Preparation Refresher is perfect for expectant parents that have older children that were born in a different setting or maybe it’s been several years since they have experienced labor and birth. This condensed class will help them be prepared for their next birth experience. Parents will learn about the stages of labor through video animation, how the birth process unfolds using real birth stories, helpful partner support tips, what to expect from common medical procedures, and much more.
- Planning and Preparing for the Birth - Stages and Phases of Labor
- Comfort Measures and Relaxation - Medical Procedures Overview
- Newborn Appearance and Procedures
Breastfeeding Beginnings (2 hour class)*
Breastfeeding Beginnings class will equip new and expectant families with the information they need to have a successful breastfeeding journey. In addition to helpful video animation, parents will be able to use realistic newborn models to demonstrate holding their newborn, proper positioning for feeding and burping.
- How Breastfeeding Works - Latching and Positioning
- Making Enough Milk - Breastfeeding Lifestyle
- Breastfeeding Care - Pumping/Storage/ Returning to Work
New Family Care (3 hour class)*
New Family Care class prepares families to care for their newborn, as well as each other during this new time. Parents will learn newborn care, postpartum recovery for the new mom and how important support is for the family. They will learn about caring for their newborn with video animation and the use of realistic newborn models to demonstrate holding, bathing, and safety.
- Mother Care: recovery, rest, nutrition
- Postpartum Support: time management, activities, emotions
- Partner Support: sleep, emotions, baby bonding
- Feeding Baby: hunger signs, patterns
- Baby Care: appearance, bathing, clothing, safety
Super Sibling Class teaches sibling preparedness with fun and engaging videos and activities. Siblings will practice holding and calming baby, as well as helping mom with baby care routines. Activity booklets are provided for every sibling as well as a Super Sibling certificate of completion.
- Newborn appearance and behavior
- Holding baby, feeding, diapering, safety
- What can sibling expect when they visit, emotions and feelings
- How sibling can help with baby care
The * symbol denotes a core class in this series.