Resident and Faculty Evaluation
- Constant evaluation is a critical part of any good general surgery residency program.
- An Electronic Resident Management System, New Innovations, organizes all evaluation tools, schedules, educational goals and objectives, and communication.
- Residents maintain a CV and educational portfolio in New Innovations.
- 360° (multi-source) evaluations and input is solicited from all members of the healthcare team to get a snapshot of resident performance in all clinical arenas and where we can improve.
- The Clinical Competency Committee will meet regularly to review evaluations and residents’ progress in the Clinical Milestones and the ACGME Core Clinical Competencies.
- The program director personally addresses any training concerns and provides mentorship to help all residents achieve their goals.
- Residents evaluate attending physicians and the training program to fulfill our goal of continual improvement, innovation and responsiveness to resident concerns.