Homosassa, FL 34446
About Santosh Potdar
- General Surgery: routine general surgery/trauma surgery
- Complex General Surgery: hepato-pancreatic biliary surgery; esophagus, stomach, colorectal; portal-hypertension
- Transplantation: liver, pancreas, kidney and multi-organ retrieval
APPOINTMENTS & POSITIONS
- General Surgeon and Director of General Surgery at Dunlap Hospital in Orville, Ohio
- General Surgeon and Surgical Director of Kidney Transplantation at Akron City Hospital in Akron, Ohio
- Director of Pancreas and Kidney Transplant at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, Pennsylvania
- Director of Pancreas and Islet Cell Transplant at the Division of Transplant Surgery Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Dr. Potdar is board certified in surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He completed his residency in general surgery at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He received his medical degree at Mahatma Gandhi Medical College & Research Institute, M.Y. Hospital in Indore, M.P. India and completed his residency in general surgery (Masters of Surgery) at the same facility.
Dr. Potdar also completed a fellowship at the Division of Transplant Surgery at Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Dr. Potdar has extensive experience in general surgery which also includes complex general surgery procedures and transplantation of liver, kidney and pancreas transplantation. Dr. Potdar served as senior surgeon and a staff member of the highly prestigious Christian Medical Center in Vellore, India.
Dr. Potdar is trained in minimally invasive robotic assisted surgery.
Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, M.Y. Hospital in Indore, M.P. India
General Surgery at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and General Surgery (Masters of Surgery) at Mahatma Gandhi Medical College M.Y. Hospital in Indore, M.P. India
Division of Transplant Surgery at Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center & Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Certifications & Memberships
American Board of Surgery
English, Hindi, Spanish (Office Personnel)
Procedures & Conditions
Parathyroid, Thyroid, Parathyroid Surgery, Thyroid Surgery, Colon, Gallbladder, Hiatal Hernia, Liver, Pancreas, Rectum, Stomach, Cholecystectomy, Colorectal Surgery, Surgery, Hernia, General Surgery, Hernia Repair, Transplant, Spleen, Splenectomy, Walk-In.
daVinci Robotic Surgery
Nature Coast Surgical Specialists
8367 S Suncoast Blvd
Homosassa, FL 34446
Phone: (352) 382-0288
Fax: (352) 382-0351
Monday-Thursday | 8:00 AM-5:00 PM Accepts same day new patient appointments, three years and up.
Accepts Most Insurances, Medicaid, Medicare. Credit Card, Personal check, Cash.