Chest Pain Center
Oak Hill Hosptal is an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention) as granted by The Society of Chest Pain Centers.
Heart attacks are the leading cause of death in the United States, with 600,000 dying annually of heart disease. More than five million Americans visit hospitals each year with chest pain.
Mission to Educate
Our goal is to help reduce the mortality rate of heart attack patients through prevention education and teaching the public to:
- recognize and react to early symptoms of heart attack
- reduce the time to receive treatment
- increase the accuracy and effectiveness of treatment
How We Are Different
Key areas in which a Chest Pain Center must demonstrate expertise include:
- Integrating the emergency department with the local emergency medical system
- Assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients quickly
- Treating patients with low risk for acute coronary syndrome and no assignable cause for their symptoms
- Functional design that promotes optimal patient care
- Staff education and training
- Maintaining organizational structure and commitment
- Continually seeking to improve processes and procedures
- Supporting community outreach programs
The Heart Institute
Learn more about the Heart Institute at Oak Hill Hospital.