American College of Surgeons Standards
Oak Hill Hospital Cancer Institute is proud to be accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission Cancer. Only 1 in 4 cancer programs in the U.S. are accredited by ACOS.
Approval by the Commission on Cancer is given only to those facilities that have voluntarily committed to provide the best in diagnosis and treatment of cancer, to undergo a rigorous evaluation process and a review of its performance every three years.
Receiving care at a Commission on Cancer approved program ensures that a patient will have access to:
- Quality care close to home
- Comprehensive care offering a range of state of the art services and equipment
- A multi-specialty team approach to coordinate the best treatment options available to cancer patients
- Information about cancer, clinical trials, education and support
- Lifelong patient follow-up through a cancer registry that collects data on type and stage of
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of care