Here are typical warning signs
(HealthDay News) -- Children need plenty of sleep, and if they don't get enough, they can have symptoms of sleep deprivation.
The University of Michigan Health System mentions these typical signs of sleep deprivation in children:
- Having difficulty functioning during the day.
- Falling asleep while in the car.
- The need to wake your child up each morning.
- Having trouble thinking, being irritable or being overly emotional.
- Hyperactivity or aggression.
- Falling asleep far before bedtime.