Serving Size 1
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Sodium 517 mg
Total Carbohydrate 29 g
Dietary Fiber 7 g
Protein 33 g
Ingredients and Preparation
90% reduced-fat ground beef 1 pound
Small white onion, chopped 1
Green bell pepper, chopped 1
Garlic cloves, minced 2
Diced tomatoes with added puree 1 (28-ounce) can
Kidney beans, drained 1 (16-ounce) can
Cumin 3 tablespoons
Chili powder 2 tablespoons
Dried oregano 1½ teaspoons
Salt ¼ teaspoon
Light sour cream ¼ cup
Reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese ¼ cup
- Heat a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add beef and brown, breaking with a wooden spoon or spatula until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes, until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add tomatoes and beans to the pot. Stir in cumin, chili powder, oregano, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes or more, until the chili reaches desired thickness.
- Top each bowl of chili with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 tablespoon cheese.