Current stipends for the academic year 2015-2016 are:
- First Year Resident – PGY-1 – $49,651.00**
- Second Year Resident – PGY-1 – $51,150.00**
**Stipends are reevaluated each year and will be posted as soon as they are available.
- Available with a cost share; optional family plan can be purchased.
- There is a 75 day waiting period for all employees.
- Provided with minimal charge.
Basic Life Insurance
- Provided at no cost; additional amounts may be purchased for resident or family.
Professional Liability Insurance
- Provided at no cost.
- Special portable anticipated income disability insurance available at nominal cost.
- All residents receive 20 business days of vacation during the 12 month academic year, including 5 personal days designated mainly for their wellness and emergencies. Certain restrictions apply.
- Educational leave is based on whether the resident has had research accepted for regional or national presentation.
- Residents will be provided with an iPad upon arrival with access to Clinical Key, Uptodate and the Oak Hill Curriculum.
Career Support Program
- Career Support Program through well-connected subspecialty faculty and the business expertise of administrators
- Those interested in subspecialty training will receive personal guidance and intervention to help the resident get the most competitive fellowships, even in the most competitive fields like cardiology or gastroenterology.
- Those interested in other opportunities will receive help matching the expertise of the institution, the hospitals, and other local resources with the career plans of the resident.
- This effort will start during the second year with a formal meeting with the program director to develop a career plan, identify an appropriate adviser, and guide and assist the resident to reach his/her goals.
Enhanced Recruitment Support
- Recruitment efforts are based on our desire to secure residents who will share in the atmosphere of teamwork and professionalism that we strive to create, as well as the passion Oak Hill Hospital has for providing quality patient care in a community setting
- We interview and aggressively recruit Florida graduates from allopathic medical schools in Florida.
- Highly qualified students whose professional and personal backgrounds suggest that they are a good match with our mission are also invited and encouraged to apply.