August 07, 2013
August 7, 2013
Spring Hill, FL – Oak Hill Hospital announces that it will hold a kick off to learn more about the American Cancer Society’s CPS-3 study and recruit potential participants. The CPS-3 study is a cancer prevention study. The kickoff event will be held on Thursday, August 15 at 5pm..
The American Cancer Society is looking for participants between the ages of 30-65 who have never been diagnosed with cancer, not including basal or squamous cell skin cancer. The kick off is an opportunity to make appointments to provide physical measurements and a very small blood sample of seven teaspoons total. Then participants receive a survey in the mail or email every two to three years.
The kick off is Thursday, August 15 and includes refreshments and fun. Two future events are planned for November 14 from 12 pm to 4 pm and November 20 from 3 pm to 7 pm. All events are held in the Oak Hill Hospital cafeteria conference room, 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Brooksville, Florida 34613.
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (262 acute care beds), is one of the area’s largest private employers, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 300 physicians, 950 associates, and over 350 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has achieved distinction as the:
- First and only open heart surgery hospital in
. Hernando County First Chest Pain Centerwith PCI (heart catheterization) in accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Hernando County
- First and Only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America.
- First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
- First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
- First hospital in the region to achieve Heart Failure accreditation with the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its Hip & Knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
- First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s.
- Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
- Only Emergency Care Center in Florida, and one of only 20 nationwide, honored by the Emergency Nurses Association for its first-ever Lantern Award exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@hcahealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441.
For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.