Oak Hill Hospital's Advanced Primary Stroke Center Awarded Re-accreditation
Marketing & Public Relations Contact:
May 09, 2012
Spring Hill, FL – Oak Hill Hospital has announced that its Advanced Primary Stroke Center was again awarded accreditation by the Joint Commission. A survey was conducted in March 2012 by the Joint Commission’s Program for Disease Specific Care Certification. Oak Hill Hospital passed the survey with no recommendations for improvement.
“This is another objective indication of the high quality of services that are provided by Oak Hill Hospital to the communities that we serve,” said Oak Hill Hospital CEO, Mickey Smith.
The Certificate of Distinction for Primary Stroke Centers recognizes centers that make exceptional efforts to foster better outcomes for stroke care. It is The Joint Commission's first advanced certification program. Programs applying for advanced certification must meet the requirements for Disease-Specific Care Certification plus additional, clinically specific requirements and expectations. Certified primary stroke centers:
- Use a standardized method of delivering care based on the Brain Attack Coalition recommendations for establishment of primary stroke centers.
- Support a patient's self-management activities.
- Tailor treatment and intervention to individual needs.
- Promote the flow of patient information across settings and providers, while protecting patient rights, security and privacy.
- Analyze and use standardized performance measure data to continually improve treatment plans.
- Demonstrate their application of and compliance with the clinical practice guidelines published by the AHA/ASA or equivalent evidence-based guidelines.
For more information, view the Joint Commission's accreditation criteria.
Photo: The Oak Hill Hospital Stroke Team. Pictured are (L to R) CEO Mickey Smith, CNO Melissa Bennett, Director of Emergency Services Cathy Edmisten, Director of Critical Care Services Beth Carter, VP of Quality and Risk Management Leanne Salazar, Progressive Care Unit Nursing Director Jennifer Manner.