Oak Hill Hospital Commemorates Earth Day
April 29, 2014
Spring Hill, FL – On Tuesday, April 22, Oak Hill Hospital commemorated Earth Day. Oak Hill Hospital in collaboration with Stericycle, Inc. and Cintas Healthcare Solutions commemorated Earth Day by inviting all staff and the public to donate electronics and by shredding documents. Stericycle, Inc. provided huge bins for staff and the public to donate small electronics that are left lying at home and are no longer used. Employees and the general public were encouraged to bring ink and toner cartridges, cell phones, digital cameras, MP3 players, laptops and any small electronics to have them recycled. The items could be broken, old, used or new.
In addition, Cintas Healthcare Solutions provided shredding of documents for the public and employees.
Some interesting Oak Hill Hospital 2013 annual fun fact statistics:
- Hazardous Waste – 1,584 lbs.
- Non-Hazardous Waste – 800 lbs.
- Universal Waste – 5,370 lbs.
- Non-Hazardous RX – 4,267 lbs.
- Recycling Waste - 388,406 lbs.
- Regular and Medical Waste - 1,005,040 lbs.
- Reprocessing – 5,460 lbs.
- Processed linen - 1,029,855 lbs.
- Used paper (1 ream -avg. 500 sheets) - 24,240 Reams
- Diverted – 4,581 lbs. of CO2
Earth Day Fact –Hospitals produce nearly 7,000 tons of waste every day and spend $10 billion annually in disposal costs across the health care industry. Health care organizations have an obligation to society to reduce waste, to make our planet a healthier place.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: