Heart Failure Symposium February 15, 2012
January 15, 2012
Mary Anne Flowers
Spring Hill, FL – Oak Hill Hospital’s Heart Institute announces that it will conduct its “Heart Failure Symposium” on Wednesday, February 15, 2012, from 5 – 7 pm at the Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Drive, Brooksville, Florida, approximately 2.5 miles south of Cortez Boulevard (SR 50) on Barclay Avenue. This year’s program is titled “Managing Your Heart Failure for a Healthier Life.”
The symposium will be presented by a panel of Oak Hill Hospital healthcare specialists and will include:
- Duane Ashe, Pharm.D., MBA, Clinical Pharmacist
- Karen Dixon, PA-C, Physician’s Assistant, Cardiovascular Services
- Paul Ernandes, Ph.D., PT, Director of Rehabilitation Services
- Mary-Anne Flowers, RD, LD, Clinical Nutrition Manager
- Frank Guardiani, Sr., BA, CCT (Certified Cardiographic Technician), RCIS (Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist) – Director of Cardiology Services
This symposium will celebrate the lives of those suffering from heart failure. Also invited are others interested in learning more about the disease. The panel of healthcare specialists include a physician’s assistant specializing in heart conditions, a cardiac imaging expert, a registered pharmacist, a rehabilitation expert and a nutrition expert. All five of these presenters will focus on what you can do to avoid returning to a hospital after being treated with heart failure.
Nearly four out of ten who are successfully treated at the hospital return within 30 days. It is the goal of the symposium to reduce that statistic.
A complimentary hot meal will be served. Admission is free and seating is limited. Reservations are required. Call 352-597-6333 in Hernando or 352-628-6060 in Citrus.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: