Eighth Annual Hernando Community Health Fair to Feature Special Kidz World
Marketing & Public Relations Contact:
September 28, 2012
Brooksville, FL – The “Eighth Annual Community Health Fair” held at the Brooksville Elks Lodge 2582, 14494 Cortez Boulevard, on Saturday, October 13, 2012 from 10 am to 2 pm will feature a special Kidz World. The Kidz World will not only provide fun activities for children but will also promote healthy and safe children. Kidz World is sponsored by Sun Country Pediatrics, Dr. Michael Griffen.
Kidz World will feature a wide range of activities including:
- Modified corn hole game by Sun Country Pediatrics
- Poison prevention by Oak Hill Hospital
- Health and safety tips from Hernando County Health Department
- Special appearance by Clown Krewe with balloon animals, face painting, and temporary body art for kids
- Arts and craft activities from Hernando County’s Public Library. The library will also provide information on services and on-site registration for library cards.
- Smoke House by Hernando County Fire so that kids will learn about fire and smoke safety.
- Electric safety by Withlacoochee River Electric Coop
- Drowning prevention, seat belt safety, bike and helmet safety
- Basketball shoot and hoops game
- An interactive children’s obstacle course
At 1 pm there will be a special junior jazzercise for children to participate with an instructor and high energy music. Other entertainment will also be provided.
All activities are free.
Over 60 healthcare vendors will be available to provide information and representatives of the three local hospitals will be available to provide a variety of health screenings.
Complimentary samples of signature items from local food establishments will also be available as well as live music, entertainment, and a special children’s fun area will be available with a variety of fun activities and health and safety tips for children.
Current presenting sponsors include Oak Hill Hospital, Brooksville Regional Hospital and Spring Hill Regional Hospital, Wellcare, Inc., Nature Coast Community Health Center and Brooksville Elks Lodge 2582.
Other major sponsors currently include:
- Hernando Orthopaedic & Spinal Surgery – Michael Higgins, DO
- Gulf Coast Spine Institute - James Ronzo, DO and Frank Bono, DO
- Eyecare Centers of Florida – Srin Dutt, MD
- Universal Health Care
- Terlep Chiropractic
- Access Health Care, LLC
Entertainment sponsor is New Age Medical Centers – David Moreno, MD, Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Fellowship trained in anti-aging and functional medicine, and Ultimate Health Plans.
KIDZ WORLD sponsor – Sun Country Pediatrics, Michael Griffen, DO
Media sponsors include Hernando Today, The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com, News Channel 8, On Your Side, WWJB AM Radio, and 99.9 WXJB FM Radio.
For more information contact Denise Nohejl at 352-544-5206.