Hospitals Receive AHA Award
September 16, 2009
New Port Richey-Hudson and Spring Hill, Florida – The Hospitals which make up the Hernando/Pasco market of the HCA West Florida Division recently had the distinction of all being recipients of the American Heart Association’s Start! Fit-Friendly Company - Gold Award. Community Hospital, Oak Hill Hospital and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point were all recognized as Start! Fit-Friendly Companies. The three hospitals are multiple year recipients of the award.
Start! Fit-Friendly Companies recognition program award is given by the American Heart Association Start! Movement. It is intended to be a catalyst for positive change in the workplace across America. It recognizes companies that demonstrate progressive leadership by making the health and wellness of their employees a priority.
Community Hospital, Oak Hill Hospital and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point have been recognized at the Gold Level, which means that:
- They offer employees physical activity support at the worksite
- They have increased the number of healthy eating options available to employees
- They promote a wellness culture at the worksite
- They embrace at least nine criteria as outlined by the American Heart Association in the areas of physical activity, nutrition and culture
About Community Hospital: The Future Medical Center of Trinity
Community Hospital is located in New Port Richey, FL. It is a leading Joint Commission accredited acute care center. Over 400 physicians, 1000 employees and 200 volunteers comprise our healthcare delivery team.
Community Hospital has received distinction in the following areas:
- Chest Pain Center accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
- Accredited Cancer Program by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons
- State Approved Coronary Intervention Program
- Dedicated Breast Care Center with Digital Mammography, 3D/4D Ultrasound, Breast MRI, and Patient Liaison to ensure the patient’s needs are met.
- All private room Women’s Center for Gynecology and Urology Services
- All private room Spine & Joint Care Center
- The only da Vinci Robotic System in Pasco, Hernando and Citrus Counties
Construction is underway on the Medical Center of Trinity, a 236 bed, state-of-the-art, private room facility at the corner of SR 54 and Little Road in Trinity to replace Community Hospital in late 2011.
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (204 acute care beds) and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive heart program including open heart surgery.
Approximately 300 physicians, 1,000 associates, and 360 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s health care delivery team.
Oak Hill has achieved distinction as the:
- First Chest Pain Center in Hernando and Citrus County accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- First primary stroke center to be certified by the Joint Commission in Citrus and Hernando County.
- First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
- First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please call (352) 597-6383 (Hernando) or (352) 628-6441 (Citrus).
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point:
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is a 290-bed acute care facility located in Hudson, FL. Home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute, over 350 physicians, 900 employees and 500 volunteers comprise their integrated healthcare delivery team. Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson Reuters and has been named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery. It has an Accredited Chest Pain Center, Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and an Approved, With Commendation, Community Cancer Program, from the College of Surgeons.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: