Oak Hill Hospital has announced that Christian E. Bures, who has volunteered at the Orthopaedic and Spine Institute over the past year, has achieved the rank of Eagle Scout and will be honored in an Eagle Scout Court of Honor on February 12, 2011.
Christian is a Junior at Central High School and a Boy Scout of Troop 442 and is considering a career in science or medicine.
He is a brotherhood member of the Order of the Arrow and attended the 2010 Boy Scout National Jamboree in Fort A.P. Hill, Virginia and plans to attend the 2011 Boy Scout World Jamboree in Kristianstad, Sweden.
After earning 32 merit badges, his Eagle project was to landscape and beautify areas at his school, Central High School in Brooksville. Christian is also a member of the number one NJROTC unit in the nation, member of the Beta Club, the Submarine team of Hernando County, and plays on the tennis team. He is the son of Edward and Susan Bures.
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (230 acute care beds), is the area’s second largest private employer, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive heart program including open heart surgery.
Approximately 300 physicians, 1,000 associates, and over 375 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has achieved distinction as the:
- First Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) in Hernando County accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- First and Only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by the Joint Commission.
- First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
- First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
- First hospital in the region to achieve Heart Failure certification with the Society of Chest Pain Centers. And now...
- First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 orRichard.Linkul@hcahealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441.
For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at www.OakHillHospital.com.