Spring Hill, Florida – On June 29, Oak Hill Hospital’s clinical and medical staff each participated in lectures conducted by Edward Septimus, MD, FACP, FIDSA, FSHEA. Dr. Septimus is a member of the Advisory Committee for the Food & Drug Administration for Anti-Infective Drugs. The seminars were entitled S.C.I.P. Antibiotic Appropriateness and Infection Prevention Control. (S.C.I.P. stands for Surgical Care Improvement Plan.) Members of the clinical staff and medical staff were treated to two separate lectures.
Dr. Septimus received his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine in 1972. He is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American Board of Infectious Diseases. He holds the following honors:
- Fellow, American College of Physicians (FACP)
- Fellow, Infectious Diseases Society of America (FIDSA), and
- Fellow, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (FSHEA)
In addition to being a member of the Advisory Committee for FDA for Anti-Infective Drugs, Dr. Septimus is a board member of the International Society of Microbial Resistance. He also served as Chief of Infectious Diseases at Memorial Southwest Hospital in Houston, Texas for 27 years.
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (204 acute care beds) and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive heart program including open heart surgery.
Approximately 300 physicians, 1,000 associates, and 360 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s health care delivery team.
Oak Hill has achieved distinction as the:
- First Chest Pain Center in Hernando and Citrus County accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- First primary stroke center to be fully accredited by the Joint Commission in Citrus and Hernando County.
- First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
- First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS)
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please call (352) 597-6383 (Hernando) or (352) 628-6441 (Citrus).