February 02, 2009
Hernando and Pasco, Florida – Oak Hill Hospital, Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, and Community Hospital officials have announced that their employees and corporate sponsorships submitted $51,333 for this year’s American Heart Association’s Nature Coast Heart Walk. The three hospitals comprise the Pasco Hernando market of the HCA West Florida Division. This year employees from the three facilities collaborated to make this year’s heart walk effort such a huge success. The three hospitals fielded a wide range of teams made up of individuals who collected sponsorships for the walk. In addition, many different - and often unique - fundraisers were conducted by staff at all three HCA facilities.
About Community Hospital:
Community Hospital is located in New Port Richey, FL. It is a leading Joint Commission accredited acute care center. Over 400 physicians, 1000 employees and 200 volunteers comprise our healthcare delivery team.
Community Hospital has received distinction in the following areas:
- Chest Pain Center accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center
- Dedicated Cancer Program recognized by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons
- All private room Women’s Center for Gynecology and Urology Services
- All private room Spine & Joint Care Center
- The only da Vinci Robotic System in Pasco, Hernando and Citrus Counties
Construction is underway on the Medical Center of Trinity, a 236 bed, state-of-the-art, private room facility at the corner of SR 54 and Little Road in Trinity to replace Community Hospital in late 2010.
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital is now in its twenty fifth year of service to the community.
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (204 acute care beds) and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive heart program including open heart surgery.
Approximately 300 physicians, 900 associates, and 300 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s health care delivery team.
Oak Hill has achieved distinction as the:
- First and only Chest Pain Center in Hernando and Citrus County accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- First primary stroke center to be fully accredited by the Joint Commission in Citrus and Hernando County.
- First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point:
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is a 290-bed acute care facility located in Hudson, FL. Home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute, over 335 physicians, 950 employees and 500 volunteers comprise their integrated healthcare delivery team. Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been designated a 100 Top Hospital seven years by Thomson 100 Top Hospital* (* formerly Solucient), and has been named twice (1999 & 2002) by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Heart and Heart Surgery. Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has received national certification as a Primary Stroke Center from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO); Approved Community Cancer Program by the College of Surgeons and has the only Accredited Chest Pain Center in Pasco, Hernando and Citrus Counties.