Oak Hill Hospital’s Carolyn Mooney Receives Cardiac Surgery Certification
January 20, 2011
Oak Hill Hospital has announced that Carolyn Mooney was recently awarded certification on cardiac surgery, which is a subspecialty of cardiac care certification. She may now list her credentials as Carolyn Mooney, RN, CCRN-CSC.
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (230 acute care beds), is the area’s second largest private employer, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive heart program including open heart surgery.
Approximately 300 physicians, 1,000 associates, and over 375 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has achieved distinction as the:
- First Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) in Hernando and Citrus County accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- First and Only advanced level primary stroke center to be fully accredited by the Joint Commission in Citrus and Hernando County.
- First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
- First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
- First hospital in the region to achieve Heart Failure certification with the Society of Chest Pain Centers. And now...
- First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@hcahealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441.
For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at www.OakHillHospital.com.
Marketing & Public Relations Contact: