June 15, 2009
Spring Hill, Florida – Oak Hill Hospital has announced the opening of its new Women’s Imaging Center, designed to treat the body while comforting the mind and spirit. The new Women’s Imaging Center offers the following diagnostic services:
The only Digital Mammography in Hernando or Citrus County!
- Breast MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Minimally Invasive MRI-guided Biopsy
- Breast Ultrasound
- Minimally Invasive Ultrasound-guided Biopsy
- Minimally Invasive Stereotactic Biopsy
- Bone Densitometry (DEXA) Scan
- Computer-Aided Detection (CAD)
The primary goal of the Women’s Imaging Center is to relieve stress for women while undergoing their procedure. Therefore, as you step through the entrance you experience a new standard of guest comfort and service excellence - a tranquil, spa-like atmosphere, with warm colors and decor, subdued lighting, light music, individualized changing rooms, and comfortable gowns. Everything is designed to provide women with a positive, relaxing experience in a caring and comfortable environment.
The Women’s Imaging Center also offers mammography screenings without requiring a physician referral. Mammography screenings and are covered by Medicare and most private insurance plans.
To schedule an appointment for your Women’s Imaging need, call Oak Hill Hospital’s Central Scheduling at 1-800-921-7158. The Women’s Imaging Center is open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm. Special arrangements for evenings and Saturdays are available for most diagnostic services.
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (204 acute care beds) and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive heart program including open heart surgery.
Approximately 300 physicians, 1,000 associates, and 360 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has achieved distinction as the:
- First Chest Pain Center in Hernando and Citrus County accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- First primary stroke center to be fully accredited by the Joint Commission in Citrus and Hernando County.
- First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer-aided detection.
- First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS)
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please call (352) 597-6383 (Hernando) or (352) 628-6441 (Citrus).