Hospital Hosts Breast Health Forum
Marketing & Public Relations Contact:
September 18, 2009
Spring Hill, Florida (September 18, 2009) – Oak Hill Hospital has announced that it will present a breast health forum at Citrus Hills Golf & Country Club, 505 East Hartford Street, Hernando, Florida on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 from 5:30 pm to 7 pm. The breast health forum is titled “Breast Health for Women of All Ages” and is presented by the breast health team from Oak Hill Hospital which consists of:
- David F. Marler, MD, Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Kristie Harris, DO, Board Certified in Diagnostic Radiology
- Mallik Piduru, MD, Board Certified in General Surgery, and Vascular Surgery
- Patrick Acevedo, MD, Board Certified in Medical Oncology, Hematology and Internal Medicine
Oak Hill Hospital’s physician panel of medical experts will present information about their specific roles in your overall breast health and how they coordinate and collaborate to make sure you are receiving the very finest in quality healthcare utilizing the latest technology, procedures and medical treatments. This is a unique opportunity to ask questions about breast health from a diverse panel of experts.
A hot meal will be served. Seating is limited and reservations are required. Call 352-597-6333 in Hernando County and 352-628-6060 in Citrus County.
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (204 acute care beds) and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive heart program including open heart surgery.
Approximately 300 physicians, 1,000 associates, and 360 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s health care delivery team.
Oak Hill has achieved distinction as the:
- First Chest Pain Center in Hernando and Citrus County accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- First primary stroke center to be fully accredited by the Joint Commission in Citrus and Hernando County.
- First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
- First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS)
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please call (352) 597-6383 (Hernando) or (352) 628-6441 (Citrus).