Spring Hill, Florida (August 14, 2009) – Oak Hill Hospital has announced that it will again offer free prostate screenings in September. The screening consists of two parts:
- Part one – A prostate specific antigen (PSA) blood draw will be offered the weeks of August 31 through September 11 at the hospital’s ExpressLab Mondays through Fridays from 9 am to 2 pm (closed noon to 1 pm daily and also on Labor Day).
- Part two – A physician digital rectal exam (DRE).
Both the PSA and the DRE are required to participate. The physician DRE is by appointment only on Tuesday, September 22, 2009.
DRE appointments may be scheduled now through August 30, 2009 by calling 352-597-6333 in Hernando or 352-628-6060in Citrus. Anyone registered for a DRE appointment may have their PSA blood test drawn between August 31 through September 11 according to the hours provided above.
Exact locations and directions to physicians’ offices will be provided when the appointment is made.
All appointments will be made on a first come, first serve basis.
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus County (204 acute care beds) and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive heart program including open heart surgery.
Approximately 300 physicians, 1,000 associates, and 360 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s health care delivery team.
Oak Hill has achieved distinction as the:
- First Chest Pain Center in Hernando and Citrus County accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- First primary stroke center to be fully accredited by the Joint Commission in Citrus and Hernando County.
- First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
- First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS)
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please call (352) 597-6383 (Hernando) or (352) 628-6441 (Citrus).