Mickey Smith, CEO
Thank you for considering Oak Hill Hospital for your care.
When seeking a healthcare facility for treatment, it’s important to compare and evaluate quality.
- Oak Hill Hospital opened on June 6, 1984 with 96 beds and has grown to be the largest hospital in the county with 262 acute care beds.
- One of the area’s largest private employers with more than 1,100 associates.
- Celebrated 30 years of service in 2014 and is known for its quality of care, focus on patient safety and commitment to the most advanced technology.
Two Important Factors to Consider:
- What do third party accreditation agencies say about this facility?
- What is the range of services of the facility compared to others in the area?
- Accredited by The Joint Commission in:
- Heart Failure
- Primary Stroke Care Center
- Spinal Fusion
- Total Hip and Knee Replacement
- Accredited by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care:
- Chest Pain
- Accredited by the Commission on Cancer:
- Cancer Institute, providing two major treatment options – surgery and chemotherapy.
- Accredited by the American College of Radiology
- Earned an “A” Safe Hospital Score from the Leapfrog Group.
- Recognized as the Best Hospital in Emergency Care by Women Certified, Inc.
- Honored twice – once as the first ever recipient–by the Emergency Nurses Association with the Lantern Award exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research. 100% of our emergency room nurses are Certified Emergency Nurses.
Range of Services:
- Only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
- Includes hospitalists, 24/7 on-site critical care intensivists, 24/7 on-site radiologists, and a dedicated 64-slice CT scanner in the emergency room.
- Comprehensive orthopaedic and spine institute with free pre-surgery spine/joint camp.
- Comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center offering digital mammography with computer-aided detection.
I invite you to take advantage of all the information available through our website. Please use our website as a constant resource to learn the latest programs and services we offer, as well as our many and varied community events and educational seminars.
Chief Executive Officer