Welcome to the Oak Hill Hospital website.
Your visit to our website usually means that you are seeking a healthcare facility and are looking for ways to compare and evaluate quality.
When reviewing hospitals in any area, there are two factors to consider:
- What do third party accreditation agencies say about this facility?
- What is the range of services of the facility compared to others in the area?
With regard to what others say about Oak Hill Hospital:
- Oak Hill Hospital is the only hospital in Hernando and Citrus Counties that is recognized as one of the nation’s top performers in four key quality measures – heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of healthcare agencies in America.
- Oak Hill Hospital has the only Emergency Care Center in Florida, and one of only 20 nationwide, honored by the Emergency Nurses Association for its first ever Lantern Award exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research. 100% of our emergency room nurses are Certified Emergency Nurses.
- In addition, Oak Hill Hospital is the first hospital in the region to achieve accreditation with the Society of Chest Pain Centers in heart failure and as a chest pain center with PCI (heart catheterization). The Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons also recognized Oak Hill Hospital as an accredited cancer institute. Oak Hill Hospital has the first and only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County that is fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
With regard to our range of services:
- Oak Hill is the only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
- It was also the first hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive orthopaedic and spine institute and the first comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County, offering digital mammography with computer-aided detection.
Our facility is the largest medical facility in both Hernando and Citrus Counties with 234 acute care beds and we offer Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program. As you are reading this, Oak Hill Hospital is adding to all of this with a $50 million, 100,000 square foot construction project that includes a two story in-patient bed tower with an additional 36 private rooms, the construction of eight additional operating room suites. At $50 million, this is the largest healthcare expansion project ever in Hernando County. We are one of the area’s largest private employers with 950 associates.
The Cancer Institute at Oak Hill Hospital continues to enjoy an affiliation agreement with Shands Healthcare and the University of Florida Shands Cancer Center. This collaboration provides cooperative diagnostic treatment protocols in continuing medical education opportunities for specialized healthcare of complex medical conditions.
On behalf of the entire Oak Hill family of over 950 associates, 300 physicians and 350 volunteers, I invite you to take advantage of all the information available through our website. Feel free to use our website as a constant resource. You will return to this site to learn of the latest programs and services we offer, as well as our many and varied community events and educational seminars.
Mickey Smith, Chief Executive Officer